Friday, August 31, 2018

Texas Roadhouse and the weekend

Well, another week has gone by and thankfully there is a 3-day weekend ahead.  I got to start it off with a nice dinner with the siblings at Texas Roadhouse and came home to watch 'How Not to Summon a Demon Lord.'  The anime is really trash, but it is 25 minutes of time to kill whilst I think about code stuff.

Of which, I'm making a test character to see how well it maps up to the bootstrap template I used.  Depending on how easy it is, I can also apply that knowledge towards Tim/George's initiative tracker.  There is just a lot of stuff going on with that tool.  Ultimately, I'll have to also figure out the plumbing for logins, adding people to groups, managing permissions, a database of characters, and then also how to integrate NPCs into the system - which is going to be far trickier, methinks.

Also, the nice thing was that NewEgg decided to put a rush on the package, so hopefully it will actually arrive at its destination instead of getting swallowed up in the USPS hole like the last one did.  This is why it is bad to have unaccountable unions who can just muscle over the government and make it say 'Uncle.'

Gah.

No comments:

The Septembers

It's been a pretty stressful last few weeks.  I suppose I should vent a bit about it - I really hate when everything has to be walled aw...