Tuesday, August 7, 2018

IT'S TUESDAY! TUESDAY! TUESDAY!!!!

Cool Thing in the Mail:
    So in the mail came my awesome Psychostick swag: T-shirt, Sticker, Poster, and of course the CD for their DO album.  Alas, the shirt was a bit too small, but I'm betting there is a kid out there who would wear it - though the lyrics for the songs aren't terribly kid-friendly.

Work Stuff:
    I've been doing a work thing with Angular for the last few weeks and it is pretty cool.  I've been dinking with the security portion of it, trying to pass a JWT through SignalR.  It is a bit frustrating that I divided up the work to three folks and the DAL guy has been stupid busy on other projects.  I'm hoping he'll be freed up enough to do it, otherwise I'll have to pick up what he had.  I'm just unsure about it and I don't want to waste time puttering around if someone already knows it.

Home Projects:
    As far as my home projects go, I've got Tinhalo in the fire again - trying to use Angular 6 for it, even though the ASP net core project is Angular 5.  Polymer has been far too temperamental for me to take it seriously... I may visit it later on, but it'll be far later than a couple of years.

   I have a good feeling about the NLP site since I had spent quite a bit of time mining the Angela Ackerman books for data.  I'm thinking about using FSM and some fuzzy logic, even if those two don't really go together.  It is really nice that a bunch of sites out there exist for NLU, but I'll probably have to brush up on AIML in order to make templates.  That is probably going to be the bulk of the grunt work, templating.

    I still haven't touched my music app in a bit, mostly because I have to figure out how to make template tabs and prototype graphs.  Ick.  I'm sure there is an easy way to do it, but I'm kinda hitting a wall there.

Anime:
    I've been super-stoked for Overlord, which I'll probably watch tonight before calling it a night.  Some episodes seem slower than others, but I feel that it's going to steamroll to the end like the last cour did.

  Black Clover is still a bit wincing, like some of the other shows.  I guess it was just that the art style shifted and I don't think it was in a positive way.  Going to continue shouldering through it hoping that it'll be interesting or payout.

    Ultimately, I'm a bit burned out on the other series and can't get excited about them... but that is the nice thing about it - so many hands are involved in producing some good series and stories.. and sometimes they are just not in my bailiwick.

No comments:

The Septembers

It's been a pretty stressful last few weeks.  I suppose I should vent a bit about it - I really hate when everything has to be walled aw...