Saturday, August 25, 2018

Game day playtesting

Today was pretty fun, we got to test out the chase rules system and went over an old map to save someone who we faked their death.  The nice thing about it was there was tension and everyone played their part and it was still fun.  It is cool to not have a game focus just on RP or on combat but still felt like you were using your skills and abilities for your character and accomplish something big.

That is why I really enjoy tabletop games - it is not only participating in a story but have a group of friends to share the enjoyment with.  There is something to be said about being in a room with friends that you don't get with playing online games, seeing a movie, or breaking bread.  It's something I feel is missing in the 21st century and I would wish more people would get into it like they did in the 70s.

No comments:

The Septembers

It's been a pretty stressful last few weeks.  I suppose I should vent a bit about it - I really hate when everything has to be walled aw...