Thursday, September 27, 2018

The Septembers

It's been a pretty stressful last few weeks.  I suppose I should vent a bit about it - I really hate when everything has to be walled away and then you're given permission to do something.  It is fairly difficult trying to use OSS when the assumption is "just update it to the @next version" and it'll be fixed.  I had run into this recently when having to push an Angular 5 project to IIS when it started screaming to install 'extreme-code-plugin' (patent pending) and suddenly I'm missing an entire node_modules folder.  It's even worse when the assumption is that a Dev is the master of his desktop (Administrator) when it is suddenly taken away.  Being hamstrung to security rigour can put a screeching halt to things.

I dunno.  I'm hoping that this project has a light at the end of the tunnel before my vacation time kicks in.  I'd hate to take a week off right in the middle of something and lose face in the process.  If there was any question as to whether or not Americans are hard-working, it should come to light that taking vacation time when there is work to be done is still at the forefront of our thoughts.  I reckon the odd part is how we still manage to be optimistic in the face of this all.

In addition, I'd like to get back to my side projects, but I have been horribly tired the last few weeks as well.  All I want to do is sleep when I get home, but I'm trying to extend my day out (nee unnecessarily) just so my routine doesn't get messed up.

There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

The Septembers

It's been a pretty stressful last few weeks.  I suppose I should vent a bit about it - I really hate when everything has to be walled aw...